Each year, CMS makes updates to the electronic specifications of the Clinical Quality Measures approved for submission in CMS programs.
CMS strongly encourages the implementation and use of the updates to the electronic specifications of the CQMs finalized in the Stage 2 rule for the 2015 EHR Reporting Period since those updates include new codes, logic corrections and clarifications.
For those attesting to CQMs for meaningful use:
- CMS will accept all versions of the CQMs through attestation, beginning with those finalized in the December 4, 2012 CMS-ONC Interim Final Rule.
For eReporting of eCQMs:
- An eligible professional must use the version of the eCQMs identified for each program year below.
2014 CQM Eligible Professionals
December 2012 Release (cannot be used for eReporting):
- 2014 eCQMs for Eligible Professionals Table December 2012
- 2014 eCQM Specification for Eligible Professionals Release December 2012
- 2014 eCQMs Technical Release Notes for Eligible Professionals December 2012
- 2014 eCQM Measure Logic Guidance v1.2 Jan 2013
- 2014 eCQM Measure Logic Flows for Eligible Professionals December 2012
June 2013 Update for eReporting for the 2014 Reporting Year:
- 2014 eCQMs for Eligible Professionals Table June 2013
- 2014 eCQM Specifications for Eligible Professionals Update June 2013
- 2014 eCQM Technical Release Notes for Eligible Professionals June 2013
- 2014 eCQM Measure Logic Guidance v1.5 Update June 2013
- 2014 eCQM Measure Logic Flows for Eligible Professionals June 2013 1 of 2
- 2014 eCQM Measure Logic Flows for Eligible Professionals June 2013 2 of 2
July 2014 Update for eReporting for the 2015 Reporting Year:
- 2014 eCQMs for Eligible Professionals Table July 2014
- 2014 eCQM Specifications for Eligible Professionals Update July 2014
- 2014 eCQM Measure Logic Guidance & Release Notes v1.9 Update July 2014
- 2014 eCQM Measure Logic Flows for Eligible Professionals July 2014 1 of 2
- 2014 eCQM Measure Logic Flows for Eligible Professionals July 2014 2 of 2
2014 CQM Eligible Hospitals
December 2012 Release:
April 2013 Update:
April 2014 Update:
- 2015 CMS QRDA Implementation Guide for Eligible Professional Programs and Hospital Quality Reporting
- 2014 CMS Performance Rate Calculation Requirement for Eligible Professionals QRDA-III
- Guide to the Quality Reporting Data Architecture, QRDA, for 2014 eCQMs
- 2014 CMS QRDA Implementation Guide for Eligible Hospital Clinical Quality Measures
- 2014 CMS QRDA Implementation Guide for Eligible Hospital Clinical Quality Measures (Effective July 1, 2014)
- 2014 CMS QRDA I Implementation Guides for Eligible Professionals Clinical Quality Measures
- 2014 CMS QRDA III Implementation Guides for Eligible Professionals Clinical Quality Measures
- 2014 CMS QRDA Cat 1 Eligible Hospital Sample Files April 2014
Value Set Authority Center
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) maintains the NLM Value Set Authority Center (VSAC). The VSAC provides downloadable access to all official versions of vocabulary value sets contained in the 2014 Clinical Quality Measures. Access to the Value Set Authority Center requires a free Unified Medical Language System® Metathesaurus License (available at https://uts.nlm.nih.gov/license.html). It is expected that any use of value sets is consistent with these licensing requirements and copyright protections.
The USHIK Meaningful Use portal provides the ability to readily view, download, and accurately compare eCQM specifications, data elements, value sets, and codes released by CMS and NLM. Each release package is available in a single file, or you can choose the "Latest Specifications" file to download the latest Eligible Hospital and Eligible Professional packages combined. These files are available in Excel, CSV, or XML. This site is produced by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality in partnership with CMS and the National Library of Medicine.
JIRA Clinical Quality Measure specification Feedback System
JIRA provides the ability for vendors and developers to submit issues identified with eCQM logic, review FAQs, obtain clarification on specifications, and ask questions regarding CQM certification.
- JIRA-Clinical Quality Measure Feedback System
- JIRA-Clinical Quality Measure Feedback System Instructions
Quality Data Model
The Quality Data Model (QDM) describes clinical concepts in a standardized format to enable electronic quality performance measurement. The model is the backbone for representing criteria used in quality
measures that are currently used by stakeholders involved in electronic quality measurement development and reporting.
Measure Authoring Tool
The Measure Authoring Tool (MAT) is a web-based tool that allows measure developers to author electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs) using the Quality Data Model (QDM).
Bonnie is a testing tool for electronic clinical quality measures designed to support streamlined and efficient pre-testing of eCQMs used in the Meaningful Use program. This tool is designed for use by measure developers as part of their development process to provide specific feedback on the behavior of the CQM logic. Additionally, vendors and system developers may see a benefit from the tool when testing measure implementation into EHRs.
Cypress is certification testing tool for evaluating the accuracy of clinical quality measure calculations in Electronic Health Record systems. Cypress enables repeatable and rigorous testing of an EHR’s ability to accurately calculate MU Stage 2 Eligible Provider (EP) and Eligible Hospital (EH) CQMs.
- Page last Modified: 03/31/2015 3:38 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins