Apps for Tracking Assistance
The mobile apps are available to assist in the implementation of Open Payments program to help physicians, applicable manufacturers, and applicable Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) track much of the data necessary for successful program reporting. The mobile apps are:
- Targeted to specific users:
- One mobile app is for physicians (called Open Payments Mobile for Physicians) to use to help ensure accuracy of information reported about them by industry, and
- One mobile app is for applicable manufacturers and applicable GPOs use (called Open Payments Mobile for Industry) to help them ensure accuracy in their required reporting.
- For personal information collection and serve as a storage depository only; they do not interact with CMS systems, CMS contractors, and cannot be used directly for data reporting to CMS or its contractors.
- A simple, easy-to-use tool to track transfers of value on a mobile device. Physicians are not required to report payment data to CMS but may wish to use this tool to validate information submitted by manufacturers about payments made to them.
- A resource to track transfers of value in real-time, as they occur throughout the year.
- Able to share user profiles and transfer of value information between physician and industry apps.
- Free and can be downloaded at the Google Play™ app store or iOSApple™ app store; search for “Open Payments"
Note: CMS will not validate the accuracy of data stored in the app, nor will it be responsible for protecting data stored in the app. Reporting entities have sole responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the data submitted to CMS under Open Payments.
For help with the apps you can contact our helpdesk at OpenPayments@cms.hhs.gov.
For more information on functionality and usage of the apps, visit the Frequently Asked Questions. Also available soon will be a guide to explain how to create Quick Response (QR) Codes usable by the apps.
- Page last Modified: 10/30/2013 12:15 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins