- Medicare HETS 270/271 - CMS Requesting Feedback from HETS 270/271 Direct Provider Submitters
- User Community
- HETS 270/271
HETS 270/271 Direct Provider Submitters:
CMS requests your feedback regarding current and future usage of the Medicare HETS 270/271 eligibility system.
CMS needs information regarding your past and future needs for Medicare fee-for-service beneficiary eligibility data. Please provide one response from your organization by Friday, October 29, 2010.
- To what extent has your need to verify Medicare beneficiary eligibility increased over the last two years? (Sample response: "My need for eligibility information has increased 10% since 2008.")
- What is your estimate of increased demand in the next two years? (Sample response: "I expect my requests for Medicare eligibility information will increase 15% by 2012.")
- If your requests for Medicare eligibility have increased, or are expected to increase, please briefly explain why.
- At what points do you request verification of eligibility data? Please indicate all that apply to your practice:
- Periodically for all your Medicare patients? (If Yes, please indicate how often and when.)
- When you set up an appointment?
- When the patient arrives?
- When you submit a Medicare claim?
- Please provide any additional comments that would help us determine your needs regarding frequency of request.
- In addition to requesting data in connection with providing a medical service, are there any other reasons you request/verify Medicare beneficiary eligibility data?
Medicare Customer Assistance Re: Eligibility (MCARE) Help Desk