IACS Registration Help
To register for an IACS User ID you will need to complete the online registration form. There are 6 steps that will be described below. Once the request is approved, you will receive your IACS User ID and an initial password. For security reasons they are sent in two separate emails. You must login to IACS and change your initial password before you will be able to access any IACS Supported Applications.
Prior to registering, you should have received instructions from your Organization or CMS contact. The instructions should include application specific information that you may need to complete the online registration form, such as:
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Legal Business Name (LBN) or Organization
- And any other Application specific information, for example, Contract Number, Gentran Mailbox, National Provider Identifier (NPI), Organization number.
Registering for an account
- Select > New User Registration
- Select the CMS Application for which you are registering from list of available CMS Applications.
- Read and Accept the CMS Computer System Security Requirements Terms and Conditions.
- The New User Registration form guides you through the Registration Steps. Select the Next button to proceed to the next step.
- You will receive an IACS generated email containing the tracking number to let you know that the request is being processed.
- NEW USER REGISTRATION - Enter your personal information and your work related email address.
- EMAIL VERIFICATION - IACS relies heavily on email to communicate with you. You will be sent a Verification code to the email address you entered in the first step. Do not close your browser. You have 30 minutes to retrieve the Verification Code from your email and enter it in the IACS Email Verification screen.
- CONTACT INFORMATION - Complete the Professional Contact information. Select your role. Enter the specific information for your application.
- AUTHENTICATION QUESTIONS - Select and answer at least two of the Authentication Questions.
- REVIEW DETAILS - Review your registration information. At this stage you are still able to edit the form, except for the email address. When you are satisfied that all the registration information is correct click on the submit button to submit your registration request.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - You will be presented with an acknowledgment page and a Record the Registration tracking number. Select OK to complete the registration process.
Your registration request will need to be approved. The approval process may take between 12 - 60 days, depending on the application and security requirements associated with the role. Once your request has been approved, your IACS account will be created.
You will receive two separate emails, one with your IACS User ID and one with your initial password. The email with your initial password will include instructions how to login the IACS for the first time and change your password.
Login to CMS Applications
Once you have changed your initial password, you will be able to login to the CMS application for which you were approved. Login to the CMS application from the CMS Applications Login page or use the login information provided by your Organization or CMS contact.
- Page last Modified: 01/22/2013 11:13 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins