Which HIHs Offer esMD Gateway Services to Providers?
What is a Health Information Handler (HIH)?
Any organization that handles health information on behalf of a provider is an HIH. Many providers already use HIHs to perform functions such as submit claims and provide electronic health record systems. Some HIHs are beginning to offer Electronic Submission of Medical Documentation (esMD) gateway services as well. These HIHs are often referred to by a variety of names including Claim Clearinghouses, Release of Information vendors, Health Information Exchanges, and Electronic Health Record vendors.
Which HIHs have been certified by CMS to offer esMD gateway services to providers?
|HIH Name||Send Response to Medical Documentation Request in PDF to Review Contractor||Send PMD Prior Authorization Request in PDF to Review Contractor||Receive PMD Prior Authorization Review Results Message from Review Contractor||Send Structured Progress Notes to Review Contractor||Send Structured Orders to Review Contractor|
|ApeniMed||01/2012||01/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Bluemark, LLC||07/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Cobius||02/2012||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Craneware||08/2012||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Dorado Systems||08/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Episode Alert||08/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|eSolutions, Inc.||01/2012||02/2013||06/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Health IT Plus||11/2011||01/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|HealthPort||09/2011||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|IOD Incorporated||01/2012||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|ABILITY Network / IVANS||09/2011||01/2013||02/2014||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|LOISS, Ltd.||11/2012||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Medical Electronic Attachment (MEA)||01/2012||01/2013||Coming Soon||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|MedFORCE Technologies||12/2012||02/2013||11/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Medical Records, LLC||08/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|MRO||10/2011||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Proficient Health||05/2012||01/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|RISARC||09/2011||01/2013||10/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Rycan Technologies, Inc.||07/2012||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|SSI||05/2012||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|SunCoast RHIO, Inc.||10/2012||Coming Soon||Coming Soon||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Verisk Health (formerly MediConnect)||08/2012||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
|Verisma Systems, Inc.||04/2013||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered||Not Offered|
Date = Service offered by HIH
Coming Soon = Looking to offer services
Not Offered = Service not offered by HIH at this time or service not available through CMS Gateway at this time
The following HIHs have entered into a partnering agreement with a certified esMD HIH, and have started to market esMD gateway services to providers with their own brand name:
- CM Information Specialists / HealthPort
- ECC Technologies' RAPID Network
- Fastrack Healthcare Systems
- Medi-Copy Services, Inc.
- ScanSTAT Technologies
- The Wellington Group, LLC
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
- Compliance 360, an SAI Global Company
Can other HIHs offer esMD gateway services to providers?
Any HIH that meets the following criteria can participate in the esMD program:
- The HIH has a contract with one or more Medicare providers to handle their health information.
- One or more of the HIH's providers have received a medical documentation request from a Medicare Recovery Auditor or MAC.
- The HIH has built or is building a CONNECT-compatible gateway.
- The HIH is willing to obtain an identity certificate and communicate that certificate key to the CMS esMD gateway contractor and ONC contractor.
HIHs that would like to become a certified esMD HIH, click the link at the left titled "Information for Prospective HIHs"
Does CMS pay certified esMD HIHs?
Does CMS contract with certified esMD HIHs?
- Bluemark - Opens in a new window
- Cobius - Opens in a new window
- Compliance 360, an SAI Global Company - Opens in a new window
- Craneware - Opens in a new window
- Dorado - Opens in a new window
- ECC Technologies’ RAPID Network - Opens in a new window
- EpisodeAlert - Opens in a new window
- eSolutions - Opens in a new window
- Health IT Plus - Opens in a new window
- Fastrack Healthcare Systems - Opens in a new window
- HealthPort - Opens in a new window
- IOD - Opens in a new window
- IVANS Inc. - Opens in a new window
- LOISS - Opens in a new window
- Medical Electronic Attachment (MEA) - Opens in a new window
- MedFORCE Technologies - Opens in a new window
- Medi-Copy Services, Inc. - Opens in a new window
- MRO - Opens in a new window
- Proficient Health - Opens in a new window
- RISARC - Opens in a new window
- Rycan Technologies, Inc. - Opens in a new window
- ScanSTAT Technologies - Opens in a new window
- SunCoast RHIO, Inc - Opens in a new window
- SSI - Opens in a new window
- Verisk Health - Opens in a new window
- Verisma Systems - Opens in a new window
- Wellington Group - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 10/31/2014 12:18 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins