Welcome to the CMS' Senior Agency Official for Privacy (SAOP) website
CMS Privacy Office - Mission Statement
We ensure privacy protections are afforded to all beneficiaries of CMS programs by developing and applying privacy policies that comply with law and regulations and are integrated and implemented within the operations of all CMS programs.
- Coordinate CMS privacy-related activities
- Comply with Federal privacy laws and regulations
- Develop CMS privacy awareness training and education
- Communicate evolving Federal, OMB, and DHHS privacy requirements to CMS staff
- Report on CMS privacy compliance
Key Privacy Areas of Interest at CMS:
- Agency Privacy Management per FISMA, OMB and DHHS requirements
- Overview and Requirements
- Privacy Act Implementation
- Systems of Records (SOR)
- Data Use Agreements (DUA)
- Computer Matching Agreements (CMA)
- Assignment of Privacy Responsibilities
- Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)
- Web Privacy
- Incident Breach Response
- Privacy Training Resources
Please review our "What's New" page to find recently changed policies, procedures and news events.
Security Incidents - Known or suspected security incidents involving CMS data must be reported immediately to the CMS IT Service Desk by calling 410-786-2580 or 1-800-562-1963 or via e-mail to CMS_IT_Service_Desk@cms.hhs.gov. Even if you are not positive, but only suspect that it might be a security incident, you must still submit a report and allow the experts to determine whether or not it is a security incident. Any suspected loss or unauthorized disclosure of CMS data protected by the Privacy Act must be reported immediately. For additional information, refer to the "Privacy Act Implementation & Breach Notification Policy".
- Page last Modified: 06/03/2013 2:47 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins