Non-Identifiable Data Files
Non-Identifiable Data Files contain non-identifiable person-specific information and are within the public domain.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is responsible for administering the Medicare, Medicaid and State Children's Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP), as well as a number of health oversight programs. CMS gathers and formats data to support the agency's operations. Information about Medicare beneficiaries, Medicare claims, Medicare providers, clinical data, and Medicaid eligibility and claims is included. This data is made available to the public, subject to privacy release approvals and the availability of computing resources.
Here are the steps to purchase:
- Complete the order form from the Downloads section below with the exception of the Agency Tracking ID which will be obtained after the Pay.gov transaction has been completed. By completing the PUF order form, you will be provided with a total cost.
- Go to the Pay.gov website. Follow the directions to find the CMS Data Payment Form or use the direct link in the Related Links Outside CMS section below. Follow the Pay.gov directions to proceed with processing your transaction. At the end of your successful transaction, you will be provided with a Agency Tracking ID. This tracking ID must be recorded on your PUF order form prior to submission to CMS. Without your Agency Tracking ID, we will not be able to verify your payment when receiving your order form.
- Once you have recorded your Agency Tracking ID onto your order form, submit the electronic order form to CMS at the following email address: FilesforOrder@cms.hhs.gov
Note: Please read the CMS Data Disclaimer – User Agreement – Public Use Data, which contains important information regarding time frame for obtaining data. See the link in the "Downloads" section below.
The following Non-Identifiable PUFs are now available as free downloads:
- Page last Modified: 10/15/2014 1:23 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins