Affordable Care Act in Action at CMS
CMS is developing new programs and tools as a result of the Affordable Care Act to help you deliver better care. We are your partner in ensuring that millions of Americans are part of a better health care system.
What CMS is Doing Now
At CMS, we’re working with you – the providers, States, and partners – to improve care and reduce costs, making better health care a reality today. We are proud to be:
The Affordable Care Act also takes care of our most vulnerable citizens – by making sure health insurance plans care for people with higher health costs, making it illegal for a plan to deny someone coverage because they’re sick, and lowering the amount people pay for prescription drugs in the “donut hole.”
CMS is committed to continuing this important work in transforming health care delivery systems and helping to ensure a healthy future for all Americans.
Providers Should Know
- Information on Implementation of the Physician Payments Sunshine Act
- Jumpstarting Innovation in Health Care, Reducing Costs
- A Menu of Options for Improving Care
- Help Your Patient with a Pre-existing Condition Get Coverage
- Join Us for the Care Innovation Summit
- See Secretary Sebelius Advocate for a “Doc Fix”
- Learn about the 2012 Physician Fee Schedule Changes
- New Medicare Coverage for Alcohol Misuse and Depression