Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics
Allison Oelschlaeger, Director and CMS Chief Data Officer
Andy Shatto, Deputy Director
Policy and Data Analytics Group
Geoff Gerhardt, Director; Keri Apostle, Deputy Director
Data and Analytics Strategy Group
Yadira Sanchez, Director
Survey Management and Analytics Group
Debra Reed-Gillette, Director
Information Products and Analytics Group
Stephanie Bartee, Director; Kevin Hodges, Deputy Director
Research Data Development Group
Ronnie Tan, Director; Michelle Seal, Deputy Director
Data and Information Dissemination Group
Andrea Triggs, Director; James Krometis; Deputy Director
- Office Director serves as Chief Data Officer for CMS, responsible for the establishment and implementation of the policies, practices and standards that make CMS data available internally to drive health care reform.
- Develops and continually updates information product development and data sharing strategies for CMS, soliciting feedback from user communities and coordinating with appropriate CMS components as necessary.
- Establishes an enterprise data governance framework to ensure consistency in established policies and procedures regarding data collection, management, utilization and dissemination of CMS data, promoting maximum access to data for internal and external users while maintaining privacy and security.
- Develops and implements a data services strategy to maximize use of data on all CMS programs for external and internal users, including issue papers, chart books, dashboards, interactive reports, data enclave services, limited data sets, public use files, and research identifiable files.
- Serves as the agency point of contact for external research data requests, manages the Research and Data Assistance Center, the Chronic Condition Warehouse, the Research Data Distribution Center, and the CMS Research Data Enclave.
- Conducts the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey.
- Conducts timely research and analysis on Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace program data to identify geographic and other drivers of variation in cost, utilization and quality. Develops program insights and solutions based on these results to reduce spending and increase quality.
- Provides ongoing support and development of CMS and HHS data transparency initiatives including the HHS Health Data Initiative, the Health Indicators Warehouse, and HealthData.gov.
- Represents CMS’ interests in statistical and data related policy forums, such as the Departmental Data Council, the HHS Health Data Initiative and maintains a knowledge base of data collection activities in the Government and the private sector, in order to avoid duplication and reveal opportunities for collaboration.
- Establishes and monitors policies related to charging for data products and services.
- Identifies and carries out projects to enhance Medicare beneficiaries’ use of their own data.
- Provides executive support to CMS Data Governance Board.