Office of Acquisition and Grants Management
Melissa Starinsky, Director
Derrick Heard, Deputy Director
Acquisition and Grants Group
Jason Vollmer, Director
Division of Grants Management - Mary Beth Greene, Director; Michelle Brown, Deputy Director
Division of Support Contracts - Carol Sevel, Director
Division of Beneficiary Support Contracts - Debra Hoffman, Director
Acquisition Support Group
Craig Gillespie, Director
Division of Quality Contracts - Phyllis Lewis, Director
Division of Program Integrity and Financial Management Contracts - Debra Stidham; Director
Division of Quality Contracts Support - Jaime Galvez, Director
Information Technology Contracts Group
Lyandra Emmanuel, Director
Division of Information Systems Contracts - Andrew Mummert, Director
Division of Data Center Contracts - Benjamin Simcock, Director
Division of Medicare and Medicaid IT Support Contracts - Aaron Blackshire, Director
Medicare Support Contracts Group
Juanita Wilson, Director
Division of Fee-for-Service Contracts - Edward Farmer, Director
Division of Medicare Program Contracts - Rico Batte; Director
Division of Medicare and Marketplace Contracts - Mark Smolenski, Director
Customer Relations Group
Paul Gregory, Director
Division of Data, Systems and Certifications - David Price, Director
Division of Financial Services - Nathaniel Dean, Acting Director
Division of Policy and Operational Support - Kimberly Tatum, Director
- Serves as the Agency's Head of the Contracting Activity. Plans, organizes, coordinates and manages the activities required to maintain an agency-wide acquisition program.
- Serves as the Agency's Chief Grants Management Official, with responsibility for all CMS discretionary grants.
- Ensures the effective management of the Agency's acquisition and grant resources.
- Serves as the lead for developing and overseeing the Agency's acquisition planning efforts.
- Develops policy and procedures for use by acquisition staff and internal CMS staff necessary to maintain efficient and effective acquisition and grant programs.
- Advises and assists the Administrator, senior staff, and Agency components on acquisition and grant related issues.
- Plans, develops, and interprets comprehensive policies, procedures, regulations, and directives for CMS acquisition functions.
- Represents CMS at departmental acquisition and grant forums and functions, such as the Executive Council on Acquisition and the Executive Council for Grants Administration Policy.
- Serves as the CMS contact point with HHS and other Federal agencies relative to grant and cooperative agreement policy matters.
- Coordinates and/or conducts training for contracts and grant personnel, as well as project officers in CMS components.
- Develops agency-specific procurement guidelines for the utilization of small and disadvantaged business concerns in achieving an equitable percentage of CMS' contracting requirements.
- Provides cost/price analyses and evaluations required for the review, negotiation, award, administration, and closeout of grants and contracts. Provides support for field audit capability during the pre-award and closeout phases of contract and grant activities.
- Develops and maintains the OAGM automated procurement management system. Manages procurement information activities (i.e., collecting, reporting, and analyzing procurement data).