Office of Information Technology
Rajiv Uppal, Director and CMS Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Bobby Saxon, Deputy Director
George Hoffmann, Deputy Director & Deputy CIO
George Linares, CMS Chief Technology Officer
New Technology Strategy Staff
Vacant, Deputy Director
Business Operations Group
Tiffany Patterson, Director
Wendy Wells, Deputy Director
Enterprise Architecture and Data Group
Mark Hogle, Director
Nydia Peel, Deputy Director
Division of Data Strategy - Julia Fultz, Director; Lisa Beylis, Acting Deputy Director
Division of Data Enterprise Services - Yousef Shahegh, Director; Paul Benning, Deputy Director
Division of Enterprise Information Management Services - Murari Selvakesavan, Director; James Brogan, Deputy Director
Division of Data Operations and Maintenance - Karen Allen, Director; Edward Belle, Deputy Director
Division of Enterprise Architecture - Mike Azar, Acting Director; Julie Mason, Acting Deputy Director
Applications Management Group
Lee Ann Crochunis, Acting Director
Anil Chillakura, Acting Deputy Director
Division of Shared Systems Management - Madhu Annadata, Director; Bonnie Hockaday, Deputy Director
Division of Mid Tier Applications Management - William Mooney, Director; Winny Hurr, Deputy Director
Division of Medicare System Modernization -Vacant, Director; Nahideh Teymourlouei, Acting Deputy Director
Enterprise Systems Solutions Group
Cathy Carter, Director
Carole Gass, Deputy Director
Division of Medicare Systems Support - Joseph Jankoviak, Director; Bruce Tarantino, Deputy Director
Division of Applications Development and Support - Robert Burger, Director; Aparna Vayas, Deputy Director
Division of Enterprise Services - Shauntia Bell, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Division of Identity Management Enterprise Systems - Kristen Bruscha, Director; Jeff Cernick, Acting Deputy Director
Infrastructure and User Services Group
Mark Oh, Director
Doug Margush, Acting Deputy Director
Division of Technology Portfolio Management – Nichole Poist, Director; Kimberly Watson, Deputy Director
Division of End User Support - Sherwin Schulterbrandt, Director; Tanisha Williams, Deputy Director
Division of Operations Management - Walter Dill, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Division of Engineering and Integration - Melanie Butler, Director; Rob Hughes, Deputy Director
Division of Infrastructure and Network - Timothy Walsh, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Division of Administrative Systems Management-Stephen Collins, Director; John Murgolo, Deputy Director
IT Capital Planning Group
Cora Tracy, Director
Scott Shippy, Deputy Director
Division of Budget Operations - Elena Kozlowski, Director; David Morgan, Deputy Director
Division of Vendor Strategy and Management - Aaron Pleines, Director; Michael Crow, Deputy Director
Division of Investment Oversight and Governance - Antoinette Johnson, Director; Ann Turner, Deputy Director
Division of IT Investment Management and Policy - Brian Jennings, Director; Lori Mudd, Deputy Director
Information Security and Privacy Group
Robert Wood, Director
Frank Domizio, Deputy Director
Division of Security and Privacy Compliance - Vacant, Director; Shawnte Singletary, Deputy Director
Division of Cyber Threat and Security Operations - Tom Schankweiler, Director; David Paradis, Deputy Director
Division of Implementation and Reporting - Teresa Proctor, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Division of Strategic Information - John Rudolph, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
- Serves as the CMS Chief Information Officer and is responsible for providing implementation services and operational support for CMS component-specific information technology (IT) needs and enterprise-wide services.
- Serves as the lead and system integrator for enterprise-wide and component-specific software development efforts to ensure that the functions of Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace are carried out.
- Serves as the lead for developing and enforcing CMS' information architecture, policies, standards, and practices in all areas of IT.
- Provides IT hosting, managing and oversight of the operations, enhancement, and delivery of services for the IT infrastructure, including enterprise network communications.
- Provides IT support services through execution of IT contracts and the oversight of IT contract vehicles that may be utilized by CMS and other Federal Agencies.
- Manages and oversees the operations and delivery of essential IT services for the Agency's End User Computing Environment, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, Email, office administration network/infrastructure and Help Desk Services.
- Directs and manages the engineering, development, implementation, and operations of new and existing Enterprise Shared Services.
- Develops and maintains enterprise-wide central databases, data warehouses, statistical files, and general data extracts and access paths, ensuring the quality of information maintained in these data sources.
- Provides ongoing systems maintenance and support to Medicare Fee-For-Services Claims Processing, Medicare Advantage and Part D, Beneficiary and Entitlement, and Health IT Economic and Clinical Health Act Systems.
- Directs and advises CMS on the requirements, policies, and administration of the Privacy Act. Provides data and information to the public, within the parameters imposed by the Privacy Act.
- Provides oversight, information security risk management, and monitoring of CMS information and information systems including those provided or managed by another Agency, contractor, or other source.
- Develops, implements, and disseminates agency wide information privacy and security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manages the CMS IT budget formulation and execution, including operating plans, acquisition strategies and plans, budget call letters, and other IT budget-related strategies, requests and justifications.
- Manages IT Governance processes using best practices in IT Investment Management strategies and execution.
- Leads the coordination, development, implementation and maintenance of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act electronic data interchange health care information standards in the health care industry.
- Provides liaison on IT operational issues between CMS components, the DHHS, other Federal Agencies with direct business operation and technical interfaces.