Office of Legislation
Megan O'Reilly, Director
Jennifer Boulanger, Deputy Director
Congressional Affairs Group
Maria Martino, Director
Hearings & Policy Presentation Group
Kristin Wikelius, Director
Medicare Parts A & B Analysis Group
Jennifer Druckman, Director
Medicare Parts C & D Analysis Group
Elinor Hiller, Director
Low Income Programs Analysis Group
Jennifer Boulanger, Acting Director
Consumer, Insurance, Analysis, and Oversight Group
Kate Kirchgraber, Director
Audit Management Group
Apryl Clark, Director
- Provides leadership and executive direction within CMS for legislative planning to address the Administration's agenda.
- Tracks, evaluates and develops provisions of annual legislative proposals for Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), private health insurance programs, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and related statutes affecting health care financing, health insurance, quality, and access in concert with CMS components, the Department and the Office of Management and Budget.
- Advances the legislative policy process through analysis, review and development of health care initiatives and issues.
- Develops the long-range legislative plans for CMS in collaboration with the CMS Centers, Offices, and the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Participates with other CMS components in the development of CMS policy, including implementing regulations and administrative actions.
- Manages pro-actively CMS' response in times of heightened congressional oversight of CMS in collaboration with the Centers, Offices, and COO. Manages, coordinates and develops policies for responding to congressional inquiries.
- Coordinates activities with the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Legislation (ASL) and serves as the ASL's principal contact point on legislative and congressional relations.
- In collaboration with CMS Centers, Offices, and the COO, provides technical assistance, consultation and information services to congressional committees and individual members of Congress on the Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and private health insurance programs, new CMS initiatives, and pertinent legislation.
- In collaboration with the CMS Centers, Offices, and COO, provides technical, analytical, advisory, and information services to CMS' components, the Department, the White House, OMB, other government agencies, private organizations and the general public on CMS legislation.
- Tracks and reports on legislation relating to CMS programs and maintains legislative reference library.
- Coordinates CMS' participation in congressional hearings, including preparation of testimony and briefing materials, and covers all other congressional hearings on matters of interest to CMS except Appropriations Committee hearings specifically on the appropriation budget.
- Serves as the principle CMS contact and lead for all audits, which includes coordinating all aspects of the audit - writing and clearing responses, leading meetings with auditors, compiling document requests, and communicating with the auditors.
- Page last Modified: 09/12/2015 9:52 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins