Tropical Storm Barry
Secretary Azar used his authority in the Public Health Service Act to declare a public health emergency (PHE) in Louisiana on July 12, 2019, giving us the flexibility to support our beneficiaries, effective July 10, 2019.
- Tropical Storm Barry 1812(f) SNF waiver
Read the blanket waivers for Louisiana
You can also see:
- Our MLN Matters article, "Tropical Storm Barry and Medicare Disaster Related Louisiana Claims"
- Provider survey and certification frequently asked questions (FAQs) about declared public health emergencies.
- FAQs about the Medicare fee-for-service emergency-related policies and procedures that may be implemented without an 1135 waiver.
- FAQs about the Medicare fee-for-service emergency-related policies and procedures that may be implemented only with an 1135 waiver.
- Provider enrollment FAQs
- Guidance about Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) during an emergency or disaster
- More details about waivers and flexibilities
- Requesting an 1135 waiver
Find information about the Alaska earthquake on our Past Emergencies Earthquakes page.
Find information about the California wildfires on our Past Emergencies Wildfires page.
Find information about Typhoon Yutu on our Past Emergencies Hurricanes page.
Find information about Hurricane Michael on our Past Emergencies Hurricanes page.
Find information about Hurricane Florence on our Past Emergencies Hurricanes page.
Find information about Hurricane Maria on our Past Emergencies Hurricanes page.
- Page last Modified: 07/18/2019 12:10 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins