Innovative Research for Improved Services
CMS OMH Announcements
CMS is committed to supporting research and demonstration projects that explore alternative policies of healthcare coverage and delivery, including those that benefit minority and disadvantaged populations. These research activities include:
- CMS Healthcare Innovation Awards funds projects in organizations that are focused on delivering better health, improving care, and lowering costs to people enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), particularly those with the highest healthcare needs.
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) Advanced Primary Care Practice Demonstration, operated by CMS and HRSA, will test the effectiveness of doctors and other health professionals working in teams to coordinate and improve care for Medicare patients.
- Strong Start for Mothers and Newborns a joint effort among CMS, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and the Administration on Children and Families (ACF), aims to reduce preterm births and improve outcomes for newborns and pregnant women, and in particular for those enrolled in Medicaid.
- Page last Modified: 06/08/2015 10:00 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins