*New* Read our RFI and let us know by 5pm ET on 10/11/19 how we can address the opioid crisis with our Action Plan.
Register by 9/13/19 by 3pm ET for our 9/20/19 public meeting to develop an action plan for the SUPPORT act.
- Stop improper prescribing
- Enhance diagnosis of opioid use disorder
- Encourage non-opioid pain treatments
- Make sure people can access treatment
- Give patients choices
- Support innovation
- Understand opioid use patterns
- Promote data sharing
- Watch trends to see if solutions are working
- For payers
- Get the HHS/OIG's toolkit that can help you use data to identify patients at risk of opioid misuse
- For health care providers
- See our letter to fee-for-service providers about reducing opioid misuse
- For states
- For partners
We’re just part of the solution. See what’s going on across HHS.
**It is recommended to view the video below with Flash disabled in Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 11 browsers, due to known usability issues with other browsers.
Prescription opioids: When benefits outweigh the risks
“President Trump and HHS have made fighting the opioid crisis a top priority. That includes working to expand the set of tools we have for solving this crisis, such as new therapies for treating opioid use disorder and helping people stay in recovery…
Evidence-based treatment for addiction saves lives, and HHS will continue to support efforts to develop new treatments and provide approved treatments to those in need.”
-HHS Secretary Alex Azar