Behavioral Health Strategy Goals
- Strengthen equity and quality in behavioral health care
- Improve access to substance use disorders prevention, treatment and recovery services
- Ensure effective pain treatment and management
- Improve access to and quality of mental health care and services
- Utilize data to inform effective actions and measure impact on behavioral health
- Read our Behavioral Health fact sheet (PDF) for more details on our strategy
- Behavioral health updates from the 2022 CMS Quality Conference.
- CMS launched the new Chronic Pain Experience Journey Map that identifies both barriers and the importance of effective treatment and management of pain.
- White House Fact Sheet on the Strategy to Address Our National Mental Health Crisis.
- CMS is part of the new Behavioral Health Coordinating Council to coordinate efforts across HHS.
- Follow the Secretary on the National Tour to Strengthen Mental Health.
- CMS supports the HHS Overdose Prevention Strategy which expands the scope of the crisis response beyond opioids to include other substances that are often involved in overdoses.
We’re just part of the solution. See what’s going on across HHS.
**It is recommended to view the video below with Flash disabled in Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 11 browsers, due to known usability issues with other browsers.