Louisiana Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Louisiana has received a Planning Grant to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange.
A summary of Louisiana’s application is provided below:
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
Amount Awarded: $998,416
- Assess governance options for the Exchange.
- Research the legal structure that will be put in place based upon the type of Exchange selected by the State.
- Analyze all rules and regulations issued by HHS relative to the Exchange and their impact on Louisiana.
- Draft any legislation and or regulations relative to the Exchange.
- Circulate drafts of legislation to stakeholders and interested parties for comments prior to the pre-filing date.
- Hold educational seminars and provide to leadership, members and staff of the Louisiana Legislature resources for understanding federal requirements for an Exchange and Louisiana policy makers’ role in the decision making and implementation process to ensure the State’s compliance.
Back to Map