The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Connecticut Rate Review Grants Award List
Cycle I Grant Application Summary
Connecticut Grantee: Connecticut Insurance Department
Award Date: August 16, 2010
Award Amount: $1,000,000
- Improve the Review Process: Connecticut current prospectively reviews all health insurance premium increases for individual and HMO plans and products. The State will enhance its existing premium review process by developing new in-depth premium filing requirements and by improving its review capacity through new analytic software applications and consultant actuaries. Additionally, the State will conduct comprehensive actuarial review on all rates that are determined to be unreasonable under the Affordable Care Act.
- Increase Transparency and Accessibility: Currently health insurance premium filings are only available upon request. Connecticut will now post premium filings on its website and will provide the public with a comment period on the premiums.
- Develop and Upgrade Technology: Connecticut will improve systems to support more expansive filings and to design and develop expanded data collection, reporting and analysis capabilities.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources