The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Missouri Rate Review Grants Award List
Cycle I Grant Application Summary
Missouri Grantee: The Missouri Department of Insurance
Award Date: August 16, 2010
Award Amount: $1,000,000
- Expand the Scope of the Review Process: Currently, health insurance premiums are not required to be filed with the Department of Insurance. The Department anticipates that the new federal law will provide additional authority to review health insurance premiums and proposes to develop a new review process for the individual and small group markets.
- Improve the Review Process: Missouri currently has no filing requirement. Missouri proposes to use grant funds to construct a data system which will house health insurance premium information and related increases filed with the state. This data system will provide the structure and mechanism for actuaries to perform health insurance premium analysis.
- Increase Transparency and Accessibility: The Department will post real-time health insurance premium filing information on its website and include actual rates and carrier justification for increases in a consumer friendly format. The Department will also post review procedures on its website, and will provide consumers with email notification when carriers file health insurance requests.
- Develop and Upgrade Technology: Missouri will deploy a three-phase information technology infrastructure plan to upgrade its current system.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources