HHS is deeply committed to public participation in the building of the new Marketplaces. Through an ongoing stakeholder consultation process, we have sought input from interested stakeholders, including states, issuers, and consumers in State Partnership and Federally-facilitated Health Insurance Marketplace States.
CMS is kicking off the next phase of our stakeholder engagement with an open, national conference call in March 2013, to be followed by quarterly calls throughout 2013 in each Federally-Facilitated and State Partnership Marketplace State. We will solicit input about the frequency of stakeholder consultations in 2014 and beyond.
In addition, regional offices will also meet with a range of stakeholder groups on a regular basis to continually share information.
Groups or individuals who are interested in becoming involved in these calls should check the "Open Door Forum Page" to register.
This is an important opportunity for us to hear directly from individuals and organizations that will be able to utilize the new Health Insurance Marketplace so that there is an understanding of how it will work and when it will be ready.
CMS will evaluate the information and feedback provided in the stakeholder consultation process.
The Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight website includes links to other ways that stakeholders can be engaged in addition to these meetings. Links to all of our regulations, guidance and other information can be found here. CMS has also sought the advice of its Advisory Panel on Outreach and Education. The Federal Advisory Committee Act panel advises and make recommendations on CMS' programs, including the Exchanges.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)