PACE Innovation Act
Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) Innovation Act
The PACE Innovation Act of 2015 (PIA) provides authority to waive certain provisions of Section 1934 of the Social Security Act (SSA) so we can test PACE-like models for additional populations, including those under the age of 55 and those who do not qualify for a nursing home level of care, under Section 1115A of the SSA.
In order to inform possible development of a model test under the PIA, we released a Request for Information (RFI) on December 23, 2016. This RFI had two parts.
In the first part, we asked for comments on potential parts of a five-year PACE-like model test for people who meet all of the following criteria, as well as others:
- Dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid,
- Age 21 and older,
- Living with a disability with impaired mobility, and
- Qualifying for nursing home level of care.
For now, we've named this model “Person Centered Community Care” or P3C. P3C is designed to meet the requirements of a model test under Section 1115A of the SSA and to adapt the PACE model of care for 1 population of focus.
In addition to feedback on the potential elements of the P3C model described below, we asked for comment on the types of technical assistance that potential P3C organizations and states would need to participate it.
In the second part of the RFI, we asked for:
- Information on other specific populations whose health outcomes could benefit from enrollment in PACE-like
- How the PACE model of care could be adjusted to better serve new groups and the population that's
Comments were due by February 10, 2017 and are posted in the Downloads section below.
On July 21, 2017, we made available for review and comment additional data on potential payment rate adjustment methodologies for the potential P3C model.
- PACE Innovation Act (PIA) Request for Information (RFI) [PDF, 264KB]
- PACE Innovation Act (PIA) Request for Information (RFI) Appendix A [XLSX, 21KB]
- PACE Innovation Act (PIA) Request for Information (RFI) Comments(1) [ZIP, 13MB]
- PACE Innovation Act (PIA) Request for Information (RFI) Comments(2) [ZIP, 11MB]
- PACEInnovationActRFIDataSupplement [ZIP, 1MB]
- Page last Modified: 01/31/2018 1:01 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins