HCPCS Release & Code SetsThis file contains the Level II alphanumeric HCPCS procedure and modifier codes, their long and short descriptions, and applicable Medicare administrative, coverage, and pricing data. The Level II HCPCS codes, which are established by CMS's Alpha-Numeric Editorial Panel, primarily represent items and supplies and non-physician services not covered by the American Medical Association's Current Procedural Terminology-4 (CPT-4) codes; Medicare, Medicaid, and private health insurers use HCPCS procedure and modifier codes for claims processing. Level II alphanumeric procedure and modifier codes comprise the A to V range.
- Discontinued procedure and modifier codes will appear in the HCPCS file for four years to facilitate claims processing. After four years, these procedure and modifier codes will no longer appear.
- Inclusion or exclusion of a procedure, supply, product, or service does not imply any health insurance coverage or reimbursement policy.
- In some instances, brand names may appear in HCPCS descriptions. These names have been included for indexing purposes only; their inclusion does not convey endorsement of any particular brand.
- Page last Modified: 03/07/2018 10:17 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins