- More ICD-10 Coding Basics MLN Connects National Provider Call
Please note: On July 31, 2014, HHS issued a rule finalizing October 1, 2015 as the new compliance date for health care providers, health plans, and health care clearinghouses to transition to ICD-10.
HHS expects to release an interim final rule in the near future that will include a new compliance date that would require the use of ICD-10 beginning October 1, 2015. Providers would have an extra year to prepare. During this MLN Connects™ National Provider Call, join us for a keynote presentation on more ICD-10 coding basics by Sue Bowman from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), along with updates from CMS. A question and answer session will follow the presentation.
When: Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Medical coders, physicians, physician office staff, nurses and other non-physician practitioners, provider billing staff, health records staff, vendors, educators, system maintainers, laboratories, and all Medicare providers
- CMS updates, including the partial code freeze and 2015 code updates
- Why ICD-9-CM is being replaced with ICD-10-CM
- Benefits of ICD-10-CM
- Similarities and differences from ICD-9-CM
- Coding: Process of assigning a diagnosis code, 7th character, placeholder "x,” excludes notes, unspecified codes, external cause of injury codes, type of encounter
- Documentation tips
- How to obtain answers to coding questions
- How to request modifications to ICD-10-CM
Call materials are available on the June 4 call web page.
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls registration website