- Basic Introduction to ICD-10-CM National Provider Call
Please note: On July 31, 2014, HHS issued a rule finalizing October 1, 2015 as the new compliance date for health care providers, health plans, and health care clearinghouses to transition to ICD-10.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosted a national provider education teleconference on "Basic Introduction to ICD-10-CM." This teleconference included a question and answer session that gave call participants an opportunity to ask questions of CMS subject matter experts.
- ICD-10 Final Rule Implementation
- Benefits of ICD-10-CM
- Similarities to ICD-9-CM
- Differences from ICD-9-CM
- Injury Changes
- 7th Character Injuries "& External Causes
- 7th Character "Fractures
- Placeholder "X"
- Excludes Notes
- Facts vs. Myths
- Impact on Coding and Documentation
- Implementation Planning
- Training Needs for Coding Personnel
- CMS Resources
To access the 2 podcasts and corresponding transcripts, presentation materials, complete written transcript, and complete audio recording, scroll to the bottom of the page to the Downloads section, and select the appropriate link.