- ICD-10-CM/PCS National Provider Call for Physicians
Please note: On July 31, 2014, HHS issued a rule finalizing October 1, 2015 as the new compliance date for health care providers, health plans, and health care clearinghouses to transition to ICD-10.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosted a national provider education teleconference on "ICD-10-CM/PCS for Physicians." This teleconference included a question and answer session that gave call participants an opportunity to ask questions of CMS subject matter experts.
- ICD-10 Overview
- History of ICD-9-CM
- Why Do We Need a New Coding System?
- What Characteristics Are Needed in a Coding System?
- Benefits of Adopting the New Coding System
- ICD-10-CM Major Modifications
- Structural Differences
- Electronic Version Available on ICD-10 Web Page
- Impact on MS-DRGs
- Role of AHA
- AHIMA Role
- Possible Systems and Applications Affected (AHIMA Suggestions)
- Web Resources
To access the presentation materials, written transcript and audio recording for this national provider teleconference, scroll to the bottom of this web page to the Downloads section, and select the appropriate link.