ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project
This section provides information on the project for using the General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs) to convert the draft MS-DRGs to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Information is also provided on undertaking a similar conversion project.
The draft ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG V32 Definitions Manual and Medicare Code Editor (MCE) V32 are provided below along with the previous ICD-10 ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG V31R Definitions and MCEs. The text version is under the “Downloads” section and the HTML version is under the "Related Links" section in with full title formats. Version 32 (V32) was developed after reviewing public comments on the previously posted Version 31R.
The Final ICD-10 MS-DRG v33 logic which will be implemented on October 1, 2015 will be subject to rulemaking.
- Converting MS-DRGs to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS - Updated 03/03/15 with new 2015 impact article [ZIP, 1MB]
- Partial Freeze of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 Codes - Updated 8/5/14 [PDF, 20KB]
- ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project Slides [PDF, 249KB]
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v32 Definitions Manual Table of Contents- Full Titles – Text Version [ZIP, 3MB]
- ICD-10 Medicare Code Editor v32 (MCE v32 to be used with v32 Definitions Manual) [ZIP, 936KB]
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v31R Definitions Manual Table of Contents- Full Titles – Text Version [ZIP, 3MB]
- ICD-10 Medicare Code Editor v31R (MCE v31R to be used with v31R Definitions Manual) [ZIP, 835KB]
- General Equivalence Mappings FAQs Booklet (June 2015) [PDF, 2MB]
- ICD-10 MS-DRGs v32 and v31R Comparison File [ZIP, 12KB]
- 2015 Present On Admission (POA) Exempt List [ZIP, 1MB]
- Update - CMS Medicare Severity (MS) Grouper with Medicare Code Editor (MCE) ICD-10 Pilot Software (Mainframe and PC versions) (Version 32.0) - Opens in a new window
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v32 Definitions Manual Table of Contents - Full Titles - HTML Version - Opens in a new window
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v31R Definitions Manual Table of Contents - Full Titles - HTML Version - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 03/03/2015 9:14 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins