ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project
This section provides information on the project for using the General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs) to convert the MS-DRGs to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Information is also provided on undertaking similar conversion projects.
The Final ICD-10 MS-DRG v33 logic will be implemented on October 1, 2015 and was subject to rulemaking. For information on the ICD-10 MS-DRG and MCE v33 including ordering the software, see the FY 2016 Acute Inpatient PPS website at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/AcuteInpatientPPS/FY2016-IPPS-Final-Rule-Home-Page.html and click on the link for the FY 2016 Final Rule Data Files.
- Converting MS-DRGs to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS - Updated 03/03/15 with new 2015 impact article [ZIP, 1MB]
- Partial Freeze of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 Codes - Updated 8/5/14 [PDF, 34KB]
- ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project Slides [PDF, 249KB]
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v32 Definitions Manual Table of Contents- Full Titles – Text Version [ZIP, 3MB]
- ICD-10 Medicare Code Editor v32 (MCE v32 to be used with v32 Definitions Manual) [ZIP, 936KB]
- ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRG v31R Definitions Manual Table of Contents- Full Titles – Text Version [ZIP, 3MB]
- ICD-10 Medicare Code Editor v31R (MCE v31R to be used with v31R Definitions Manual) [ZIP, 835KB]
- General Equivalence Mappings FAQs [PDF, 76KB]
- ICD-10 MS-DRGs v32 and v31R Comparison File [ZIP, 12KB]
- 2015 Present On Admission (POA) Exempt List [ZIP, 1MB]
- Page last Modified: 08/18/2015 11:21 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins