ESRD - General Information
The Medicare End Stage Renal Disease Program is a national health insurance program for people with ESRD. The program is designed to encourage self-care dialysis and kidney transplantation and clarify reimbursement procedures to achieve effective cost control.
CMS presented information on the Star Rating System for dialysis facilities to the public during a national provider call in July. We listened to feedback from stakeholders and encouraged them to submit written comments to CMS. In response to this feedback, CMS has decided to implement the Star Rating System for dialysis facilities in January 2015 to allow more time for consumer education about appropriate use of the ratings for making decisions about treatment. Please check the announcement in the Downloads section below.
- Slides and Transcript of 2016/10/05 National Provider Call [ZIP, 2MB]
- Slides and Transcript of 2016/08/31 National Provider Call [ZIP, 510KB]
- Understanding the CMS ESRD Measures Manual [PDF, 830KB]
- Transcript of Understanding the CMS ESRD Measures Manual_6 28 2016 [PDF, 215KB]
- 2016 Dialysis Facility Compare - Star Ratings Refresh [PDF, 619KB]
- Transcript of 2016 Dialysis Facility Compare - Star Ratings Refresh 2016-07-05 [PDF, 187KB]
- ESRD2006Announcement [PDF, 14KB]
- Page last Modified: 10/26/2016 5:03 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins