Managed Care Marketing
This section includes useful information to help Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plans, Prescription Drug Plans, and 1876 Cost Plans with marketing efforts.
Marketing questions should be directed to Account Managers, Marketing Reviewers, or the Marketing Mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMS-State Collaboration Activities
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) as a part of our agreement to share information and collaborate on oversight issues with the State Departments of Insurance (DOIs), has strengthened protections for particularly vulnerable beneficiaries. CMS and participating State DOIs have signed a joint letter to educate and protect residents of low income senior and Independent Care for the Mentally Retarded and the Mentally Retarded and Developmentally Disabled (ICF/MR) housing facilities concerning inappropriate behavior of agents. In this letter, we urge facility administrators to be vigilant in reporting suspect Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plan marketing. We also describe Medicare and Medicaid patient rights and protections relative to agent behaviors as afforded under MIPPA. CMS continues to work collaboratively with the States where the sharing of information will not only strengthen State and Federal oversight efforts, but provide more protection for Medicare beneficiaries.
NEW! Online Provider Directory Review
[UPDATE: These documents revised as of 2/2/18]
Below, CMS has released a report and supporting data from the second round of the Agency’s review of Medicare Advantage plans’ online provider directory accuracy. CMS reviewed the online provider directories for 64 Parent Organizations. The report provides both aggregate and individual Medicare Advantage Organization (MAO)-level results. The MAO-level results include the number of provider locations reviewed, as well as the number of provider locations with errors along with a breakdown of the occurrence of deficiency types (i.e. “provider not at location”, “address needs to be updated”, etc.) that contributed to each MAO’s final result. Please send questions regarding the report and data to PartCCompliance@cms.hhs.gov.
- Provider Directory Review Industry Report Round 3 11-28-2018 [PDF, 568KB]
- Provider Directory Review - Round 3 Plan Data 11-28-2018 [ZIP, 56KB]
- Provider Directory Review Industry Report Round 2 Updated 1-31-18 [PDF, 169KB]
- Provider Directory Review - Round 2 Plan Data - Updated 1-31-2018 [ZIP, 73KB]
- Provider Directory Review Industry Report Final 01-13-17 [PDF, 103KB]
- Provider Directory Review - Round 1 Plan Data - 01-13-17 [ZIP, 6MB]
- CMS-State Collaboration Activities [ZIP, 127KB]
- CY2011 Annual Election Period Report [PDF, 134KB]
- Page last Modified: 05/31/2019 1:47 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins