Actuarial Bid Training – 2020
The Actuarial Bidders Training provides industry actuaries with program and technical guidance for preparing Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Bids for contract year (CY) 2020. The training consists of the following nine sessions with information that is recommended for all actuaries preparing or certifying CY 2020 bids (See Related Links below):
- Actuarial Bid Training Introduction
- Introduction to Bidding
- Base Period Experience, Data Aggregation and Credibility
- Medicare Advantage Pricing Considerations for Dual-Eligible Beneficiaries
- Risk Score Development
- Bid Pricing Reviews and Bid Audits
- Non-Benefit Expense, and Gain/Loss Margin
- Related Party Arrangements
The first session provides a brief introduction to bid training. Sessions two and three provide a basic overview of the Medicare Advantage and Part D programs and bid forms for actuaries and other interested parties. Sessions four through nine provide detailed program and technical guidance for preparing CY 2020 Medicare Advantage and Part D bids for certifying actuaries, with focus on policy updates and other significant bidding topics. The session covering changes to the bid tools and instructions since last year is no longer provided.
No registration is required to access the prerecorded training materials. The training can be independently viewed online at any time after the posting date as a webcast. In addition to the training sessions, all the training slides are available in one file for printing (See Downloads below).
If the training modules do not launch, enable 'TLS' with the following steps.
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Select Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Select Advanced
- Under Security Heading, enable at least one of 'Use TLS 1.0', 'Use TLS 1.1', or 'Use TLS 1.2'
- 1. Actuarial Bid Training Introduction - Opens in a new window
- 2. Introduction to Bidding - Opens in a new window
- 3. BPT101 - Opens in a new window
- 4. Base Period Experience, Data Aggregation and Credibility - Opens in a new window
- 5. Medicare Advantage Pricing Considerations for Dual-Eligible Beneficiaries - Opens in a new window
- 6. Risk Score Development - Opens in a new window
- 7. Bid Pricing Reviews and Bid Audits - Opens in a new window
- 8. Non-Benefit Expense, and Gain/Loss Margin - Opens in a new window
- 9. Related Party Arrangements - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 04/05/2019 6:53 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins