- FY 2011 Final Rule Data Files
- Type of File
- Impact File, Data Files
Below are the data files and impact file for the FY 2011 Final Rule. The tables for the FY 2011 final rule are located on a separate list.
Impact File: This file contains data elements by provider that were used in calculating the FY 2011 rates and impacts.
AOR/BOR File: This zip file contains two excel spreadsheets, one for the After Outliers Removed (AOR) and one for the Before Outliers Removed (BOR). There are also two files containing the variable descriptions. The variables in these files are used in the calculations of the relative weights as well as other calculations for the inpatient PPS. All text files in the zip file are for 508 compliance.
Case Mix Index File: This file contains FY 2011 hospitals' case mix indexes (CMI) for discharges. A hospital's CMI represents the average diagnosis-related group (DRG) relative weight for that hospital. It is calculated by summing the DRG weights for all Medicare discharges and dividing by the number of discharges.
Standardizing File: This file is used to standardize charges for the rate building process.
Historical Weight File: DRG weights and other data since the inception of Inpatient PPS (See imbedded header for each year for layout).
Definition of Medicare Code Edits: This file contains a description of each coding edit with corresponding ICD-9-CM code lists. There are two chapters in this file. The first chapter contains all the edits and the code lists for FY 2011. The second chapter summarizes, by edit, the changes in the edit code list from the last release of the MCE. This document is 508 compliant.
County to CBSA Crosswalk File: This file lists the CBSA, SSA county code and FIPS county code for all counties. Any changes to the CBSAs through March 2010 have been incorporated. It also contains the old MSA (based on 1990 census data) and old MSA name to which each county was assigned prior to the implementation of CBSAs in FY 2005.
Wage Index Public Use Files: Open Attached Zip file. Attached is a PDF with a description of each zip file. Main zip file contains 7 zip files:
- FY 2011 Final Rule Wage Index PUFs
- FY 2011 Final Rule Average Hourly Wage by Provider and CBSA Public Use File
- FY 2011 Final Occupational Mix Adjusted and Unadjusted Average Hourly Wages by Provider
- FY 2011 Final Occupational Mix Adjusted and Unadjusted Average Hourly Wages and Pre-Reclass Wage Indexes by CBSA
- FY 2011 Final Occupational Mix Factor by Provider PUF
- FY 2011 Final Rule AHW by Provider Area Listing
- Three Year MGCRB Reclassification Data for FY 2012 Applications
Section 1109 Files: Contains one excel file with the following files/tables: List of All Counties; Section 1109 Eligible Counties; Section 1109 Qualifying Hospitals; Section 1109 Compilation of Payments
Medicare Discharge Count for FY 2011 Low Volume Adjustment: FY 2009 Medicare Discharge Discount for determining Eligibility for the FY 2011 Low Volume Adjustment in section 412.101
- FY11 FR Impact File [ZIP, 1MB]
- AOR/BOR File [ZIP, 1MB]
- Case Mix Index File [ZIP, 420KB]
- Standardizing File [ZIP, 402KB]
- Historical Weight File [ZIP, 146KB]
- Definition of Medicare Code Edits [PDF, 783KB]
- County to CBSA Crosswalk File [ZIP, 182KB]
- Wage Index Public Use Files [ZIP, 3MB]
- Section 1109 Files [ZIP, 388KB]
- Medicare Discharge Count for FY 2011 Low Volume Adjustment [ZIP, 128KB]
Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins