- FY 2013 Final Rule Tables
- Type of File
Below are the data tables for the FY 2013 Final Rule. The data files and impact file for the FY 2013 Final rule are located on a separate list. All excel files are “protected”. For Excel 2007 and 2010, go to the review tab and click “unprotect sheet” to unlock the data.
Also, all Excel files contain a text file for 508 compliance. Text files are 508 compliant by themselves.
1. Table 1A-1E: This excel spreadsheet contains the FY 2013 Operating and Capital National and Puerto Rico Specific Standardized Amounts.
2. Wage Index Final Rule and Correction Notice Tables:
• 1588- Final Rule Tables: 2, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4J, 9A, 9C;
• 1588-Correction Notice Tables: 2-CN, 4A-CN, 4B-CN, 4C-CN, 4J-CN, 9A-CN, 9J-CN.
3. Table 5: List of final MS-DRGs, Relative Weighting Factors and Geometric and Arithmetic Mean Length of Stay
4. Tables 6B and 6G-6K: Table 6B New Procedure Codes; Table 6G Additions to the CC Exclusions List; Table 6I Complete MCC list; Table 6I.1 Additions to the MCC list; Table 6I.2 Deletions to the MCC list; Table 6J Complete CC list; Table 6J.1 Additions to the CC list; Table 6K Complete list of CC exclusions for the MS-DRGs;
5. Tables 7A and 7B: Tables 7A and 7B contain the number of discharges, and selected percentile lengths of stay for both MS-DRGs version 29 and MS-DRGs version 30.
6. Tables 8A, 8B, and 8C: Tables 8A and 8B contain the FY 2013 IPPS operating and capital statewide average cost-to-charge-ratios as published in the Federal Register. Tables 8C contains the FY 2013 LTCH statewide average cost-to-charge-ratios as published in the Federal Register.
7. Table 10: Table 10 contains the cost thresholds by MS-DRG for the cost criteria for new technology add on payment applications for applications for FY 2014.
8. Table 14: List of Hospitals with fewer than 1,600 Medicare discharges based on the March 2012 update of the FY 2011 MedPAR file and potentially eligible hospitals' FY 2013 Low-Volume Payment Adjustment under 42 CFR 412.101. Eligibility for the low-volume payment adjustment for FY 2013 is dependent upon meeting the mileage criteria specified at section 412.101(b)(2)(ii) of the regulations. This table was included with the notice CMS-1588-N published in the Federal Register on March 7, 2013, which announced the changes to the payment adjustment for low-volume hospitals provided for by the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012.
9. Table 15: FY 2013 Readmission adjustment factors under the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program. Readmission Adjustment factors are based on excess readmission ratios from the performance period of July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2011, as finalized in the FY 2012 IPPS/LTCH PPS Final Rule. This file includes the FY 2013 readmission adjustment factors established in the FY 2013 IPPS/LTCH PPS Final Rule (CMS-1588-F) and the subsequent corrections to those factors made in October 2012 (CMS-1588-CN2) and March 2013 (CMS-1588-CN4).
10. Table 16 Proxy and Actual Adjustment Factors (updated March 2013):
Excel Spreadsheet contains two tabs:
Tab One: Contains the proxy FY 2013 adjustment factors under the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) program. The proxy adjustment factors under the Hospital VBP Program for FY 2013 were included along with the publication of the FY 2013 IPPS/LTCH PPS final rule and were estimated based on a hypothetical, historical period of performance. These factors were used as a proxy adjustment in lieu of the actual FY 2013 Hospital VBP payment adjustment factor, which was not available at the time of the publication of the FY 2013 IPPS/LTCH PPS final rule.
Tab Two: Contains the originally published actual FY 2013 value-based incentive payment adjustment factors under the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) program. These actual factors are based on the finalized baseline and performance period for FY 2013 and will be used to adjust base operating DRG payments to eligible hospitals for discharges occurring in FY 2013.
Tab Three: Contains the corrected actual FY 2013 value-based incentive payment adjustment factors under the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) program. These actual factors are based on the finalized baseline and performance period for FY 2013 and will be used to adjust base operating DRG payments to eligible hospitals for discharges occurring in FY 2013. These factors correct certain formatting and display errors to some of the factors that appear in Tab Two.
- Table 1A-1E [ZIP, 10KB]
- Wage Index Final Rule and Correction Notice Tables [ZIP, 578KB]
- Table 5 [ZIP, 81KB]
- Tables 6B and 6G-6K [ZIP, 373KB]
- Tables 7A and 7B [ZIP, 109KB]
- Tables 8A, 8B, and 8C [ZIP, 15KB]
- Table 10 [ZIP, 42KB]
- Table 14 - CMS-1588-N [ZIP, 60KB]
- Table 15 - Final Rule and Correction Notice Tables [ZIP, 214KB]
- Table 16 Proxy and Actual Adjustment Factors [ZIP, 280KB]
Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins