- FY 2013 Proposed Rule Data Files
- Type of File
- Impact File and Data Files
Below are the data files and impact file for the FY 2013 Proposed Rule. The tables for the FY 2013 proposed rule are located on a separate list.
FY 13 NPRM Impact File: This file contains data elements by provider that were used in calculating the proposed FY 2013 rates and impacts.
AOR/BOR File: This zip file contains two excel spreadsheets, one for the proposed After Outliers Removed (AOR) and one for the proposed Before Outliers Removed (BOR). There are also two files containing the variable descriptions. The variables in these files are used in the calculations of the relative weights as well as other calculations for the inpatient PPS. All text files in the zip file are for 508 compliance.
Case Mix Index File: This file contains the non-transfer adjusted case mix index (CMI) based on the MS-DRGs billed on the claim in the year the claim was incurred (that is, during FY 2011, using the V28 Grouper).
Proposed Standardizing File: This file is used to standardize charges for the rate building process.
County to CBSA Crosswalk File: This file lists the CBSA, SSA county code and FIPS county code for all counties. Any changes to the CBSAs through March 2010 have been incorporated.
Wage Index Public Use Files: Open Attached Zip file. Attached is a PDF with a description of each zip file. Main zip file contains 6 zip files:
- FY 2013 Proposed Rule Wage Index PUFs
- FY 2013 Proposed Rule Average Hourly Wage by Provider and CBSA Public Use File
- FY 2013 Proposed Occupational Mix Adjusted and Unadjusted Average Hourly Wages by Provider
- FY 2013 Proposed Occupational Mix Adjusted and Unadjusted Average Hourly Wages and Pre-Reclass Wage Indexes by CBSA
- FY 2013 Proposed Occupational Mix Factor by Provider PUF
- FY 2013 Proposed Rule AHW by Provider Area Listing
Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program Supplemental Data File: This file contains the proposed FY 2013 proxy payment adjustment factors under the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program, and the number of cases and excess readmissions ratios for the three conditions (heart failure, pneumonia and acute myocardial infarction) used to calculate the proxy payment adjustment factors.
- Lugar Hospitals in Counties that Qualify for an Outmigration Adjustment: Beginning with FY 2010, lists each Lugar hospital (deemed urban under section 1886(d)(8)(B) of the Act) that is located in a county that qualifies for an outmigration adjustment (Table 4J); the 3-year period for which the hospital is eligible for the outmigration adjustment; and whether or not the hospital accepted the outmigration adjustment in lieu of its urban status for each year of its 3-year eligibility. Please note that in the FY 2012 IPPS final rule, CMS finalized a policy that allows a Lugar hospital that is eligible for and accepts the outmigration adjustment to automatically waive its urban status for the 3-year period for which the outmigration adjustment is effective.
- FY 13 NPRM Impact File [ZIP, 1MB]
- AOR/BOR File [ZIP, 936KB]
- Case Mix Index File [ZIP, 50KB]
- Proposed Standardizing File [ZIP, 363KB]
- County to CBSA Crosswalk File [ZIP, 145KB]
- Wage Index Public Use Files [ZIP, 5MB]
- FY 2013 IPPS Proposed Rule: Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program Supplemental Data File [ZIP, 364KB]
- Lugar Hospitals in Counties that Qualify for an Outmigration Adjustment [ZIP, 15KB]
Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins