- FY 2014 Final Rule Data Files
- Type of File
- Impact File and Data Files
Below are the data files and impact file for the FY 2014 Final Rule. The tables for the FY 2014 final rule are located on a separate list.
Below are the data files and impact file for the FY 2014 Final Rule and associated rules and notices. The tables for the FY 2014 final rule and associated rules and notices are located on a separate list.
1. FY 14 Impact File: The impact file contains data elements by provider that were used in calculating the final FY 2014 rates and impacts. The zip file for this download contains the following 3 zip files:
- FY_14_FR_Impact_File.zip: The final rule impact file released on August 1, 2013
- FY 2014 Final Rule IPPS Impact PUF-CN2-IFC-Sept 2013.zip: An updated impact released in September 2013 which contains corresponding corrections made through September 2013.
- FY 2014 Final Rule IPPS Impact PUF-CN1-IFC-Jan 2014.zip: An updated impact file released January 2014 which contains corresponding corrections reflecting the changes in the January 2, 2014 correction notice. This file is the most updated impact file and also includes the updates from file number 2.
2. AOR/BOR File: This zip file contains two excel spreadsheets, one for the After Outliers Removed (AOR) and one for the Before Outliers Removed (BOR). There are also two files containing the variable descriptions. The variables in these files are used in the calculations of the relative weights as well as other calculations for the inpatient PPS. All text files in the zip file are for 508 compliance.
3. Case Mix Index File:This file contains the non-transfer adjusted case mix index (CMI) based on the MS-DRGs billed on the claim in the year the claim was incurred (that is, during FY 2012, using the V29 Grouper).
4. Standardizing File: This file is used to standardize charges for the rate building process.
5. Historical Weight File: DRG weights and other data since the inception of Inpatient PPS (See imbedded header for each year for layout).
6. County to CBSA Crosswalk File: This file lists the CBSA, SSA county code and FIPS county code for all counties. Any changes to the CBSAs through March 2010 have been incorporated.
7. Wage Index Public Use Files: Open Attached Zip file. Attached is a PDF with a description of each zip file. Main zip file contains 6 zip files:
- FY 2014 Final Rule Wage Index PUFs; S3 Part II and Occ Mix Data
- FY 2014 Final Rule Average Hourly Wage by Provider and CBSA Public Use File
- FY 2014 Final Occupational Mix Adjusted and Unadjusted Average Hourly Wages by Provider
- FY 2014 Final Occupational Mix Adjusted and Unadjusted Average Hourly Wages and Pre-Reclass Wage Indexes by CBSA
- FY 2014 Final Occupational Mix Factor by Provider PUF
- FY 2014 Final Rule AHW by Provider Area Listing
8. Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program Supplemental Data File: This file contains the FY 2014 payment adjustment factors under the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program (including corrections through September 2013), the number of qualifying cases, number of cases excluded, and excess readmissions ratios for the three conditions (heart failure, pneumonia and acute myocardial infarction) used to calculate the payment adjustment factors.
9. Medicare DSH Supplemental Data File: This file contains the data to support the implementation of Section 3133 of the ACA, Improvements to Medicare DSH Payments (including corrections through September 2013). The file contains the data used for Medicare DSH estimates to support of the calculation of Factor 1. In addition, the file contains the data to calculate a hospital’s uncompensated care payment, including the FY 2014 Factor 3, the data used to calculate Factor 3, DSH eligibility status and the data to calculate the interim per claim uncompensated care payment. A hospital’s Factor 3 is the proportion of the uncompensated care amount that a DSH hospital will receive under the implementation of Section 3133 of the Affordable Care Act. Factor 3 is the hospital's Medicaid days and Medicare SSI days relative to all DSH hospitals proposed Medicaid days and Medicare SSI days. DSH hospitals are identified as those hospitals that are projected to receive DSH for FY 2014.
10. Definition of Medicare Code Edits: This file contains a description of each coding edit with corresponding ICD-9-CM code lists. There are two chapters in this file. The first chapter contains all the edits and the code lists for FY 2014. The second chapter summarizes, by edit, the changes in the edit code list from the last release of the MCE. This document is 508 compliant.
- FY 14 FR CN Impact Files - Contains 3 Zip Files [ZIP, 5MB]
- AOR/BOR File [ZIP, 2MB]
- Case Mix Index File [ZIP, 47KB]
- Standardizing File [ZIP, 363KB]
- Historical Weight File [ZIP, 164KB]
- County to CBSA Crosswalk File [ZIP, 145KB]
- Wage Index Public Use Files [ZIP, 5MB]
- Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program Supplemental Data File FY 2014– updated September 2013 [ZIP, 2MB]
- FY 2014 IPPS Final Rule: Medicare DSH Supplemental Data File - updated 4/29/14 [ZIP, 1MB]
- Definition of Medicare Code Edits [PDF, 407KB]
Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins