- Regulation No.
- Medicare Program; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Prospective Payment System for Federal Fiscal Year 2012; Changes in Size and Square Footage of Inpatient Rehabilitation Units and Inpatient Psychiatric Units
- Publication Date
This rule can be downloaded from here - CMS-1349-P.
The associated files to the final rule (CMS-1349-F), as described below, can be downloaded from here - FY 2012 IRF PPS Proposed Rule Data Files:
- IRF Rate Setting Final Rule This file contains data for each of the 1,152 inpatient rehabilitation facilities used to estimate the policy updates in the final inpatient rehabilitation prospective payment system regulation. The methodology used to update the payment data is described in detail in the final rule.
- IRF Wage Index Final Rule These files contain the urban and rural Core-Based Statistical Area wage index tables.
- Case-Mix Groups, Relative Weights, and Average Length Of Stay Values used in the rule and the standard deviations from the average lengths of stay.
- Appendix C—List of Comorbidities This file contains the list of comorbidities (ICD-9-CM codes) that will be used to determine placement in tiers for IRF discharges occurring on or after October 1, 2011. It contains the ICD-9-CM codes, the abbreviated code labels, the appropriate tier, and any RICs for which the ICD-9-CM codes are excluded from the tiers. It also notes the changes that were made from the previous version of the list.