- Regulation No.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Prospective Payment System for Federal Fiscal Year 2014
- Publication Date
This rule can be viewed from here: CMS-1448-F.
The associated files to this rule, as described below, can be downloaded from here: FY 2014 Final Rule Data Files:
- IRF Rate Setting Final Rule
This file contains data for each of the 1,134 inpatient rehabilitation facilities used to estimate the policy updates in the final inpatient rehabilitation prospective payment system regulation. The methodology used to update the payment data is described in detail in the final rule.
- Case-Mix Groups, Relative Weights, and Average Length Of Stay Values used in the final rule (78 FR 47860) and the standard deviations from the average lengths of stay. 8-13-13 – This file has been revised to reflect an average length of stay value of 21 for CMG 5104.
- IRF Wage Index Final Rule
These files contain the urban and rural Core-Based Statistical Area FY 2014 IRF wage index tables.
- ICD-9-CM Codes That Meet Presumptive Compliance Criteria
This file contains the list of diagnoses (ICD-9-CM codes) that are used for determining presumptive compliance with the IRF 60 percent rule. (Effective for compliance review periods beginning on or after October 1, 2014.) It contains the ICD-9-CM codes and the code labels. 8-30-13 – This file has been revised to reflect that ICD-9-CM code 806.9—Closed fracture of C5-C7 level with other specified spinal cord injury has been changed to 806.09—Closed fracture of C5-C7 level with other specified spinal cord injury.
- List of Comorbidities (Unchanged from FY 2013)
This file contains the list of comorbidities (ICD-9-CM codes) that will be used to determine placement in tiers for IRF discharges occurring on or after October 1, 2013. It contains the ICD-9-CM codes, the abbreviated code labels, the appropriate tier, and any RICs for which the ICD-9-CM codes are excluded from the tiers. Note that this list is unchanged from the list that was used for IRF discharges occurring on or after October 1, 2012.