Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) should reference the following resources when applying for and participating in the Shared Savings Program.
Application submission activities and certain program operations are conducted in the ACO Management System (ACO-MS).
Program Participation Information
ACOs agree to participate in the Shared Savings Program for a period of no less than three years, known as the agreement period.
The agreement period includes three performance years that cycle through the same operational phases.
Over the course of an agreement period, ACOs:
- Engage in various activities during the performance year, including coordinating care for beneficiaries, measuring and improving quality, and public reporting;
- Prepare for the next performance year by making sure contact information is current in CMS systems and completing the Annual Certification process; and
- Receive financial and quality performance results after the close of every performance year.
The graphic below depicts the main operational phases that make up the agreement period.
Information for Applicants
All ACO applicants (including initial, renewal, Medicare ACO Track 1+ Model (Track 1+ Model), and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) 3-Day Rule Waiver applicants) should reference the following resources.
Application Types & Timeline
Find sample applications, the application timeline, and related resources.
Find the Application Reference Manual and guidance to help ACOs apply to the Shared Savings Program.
Find presentations sharing tips for completing various application types.
CMS makes data on Shared Savings Program ACOs publicly available through several resources, including Data.CMS.gov. On this page, find more information related to Shared Savings Program ACO participation and performance.
- Page last Modified: 04/02/2018 7:39 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins