Issue Briefs by Topic
The issue briefs on this site are intended to stimulate thoughts, spark creative ideas, and help State Agencies (SAs) launch program innovations. The briefs are not intended to include all SA practices related to a particular topic, but rather provide a sampling of various approaches in several states to provide tools and support to new and current surveyors.
Also, the posting of these Promising Practices briefs do not represent an endorsement by CMS. Rather, these issue briefs are a method to help disseminate information about effective methods that have been implemented by various SAs to help improve their survey performance.
Click on the titles listed in the Downloads section below for the Promising Practices Issue Briefs related to each topic category. Future reports will be posted on a regular basis.
- Strategies for Quality Management of Abuse and Neglect Complaints (PDF, 115 KB) [PDF, 114KB]
- Emergency Preparedness Practices State Agencies [PDF, 133KB]
- Telework Programs (PDF, 272 KB) [PDF, 204KB]
- Team-Based Scheduling (PDF, 208 KB) [PDF, 150KB]
- Interactive Technology for Trainings or Meetings (PDF, 113 KB) [PDF, 157KB]
- Training on Legal Aspect of Survey Process (PDF, 228 KB) [PDF, 227KB]
- State Profile - Overview and Data Resources (PDF, 29KB) [PDF, 9KB]
- Achieving Better Outcomes Using Survey and Certification Enforcement Strategies (PDF, 65 KB) [PDF, 64KB]
- Retaining Surveyors (PDF, 249 KB) [PDF, 248KB]
- Recruitment Strategies [PDF, 113KB]
- Page last Modified: 07/24/2012 2:20 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins