Advanced Copy –Revisions to State Operations Manual (SOM), Appendix C –
Survey Procedures and Interpretive Guidelines for Laboratories and Laboratory
Services (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA))
Revisions to Appendix C of the SOM: The entire document has been revised and updated to include comments and recommendations
• Regional Office (RO) and State Agency (SA) surveyors, professional and accrediting organizations (AO);
• Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC);
• CMS Office of General Counsel (OGC); and
• General Accounting Office (GAO) on reporting complaints.
• D-tags (D2018, D6001, D6002 & 6077).
It also includes:
• New D-tags for surveyors; and
• Board certification in dermatology by American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology is equivalent to board certification in
dermatology by American Board of Dermatology (ABD)