Currently Accepting Comments
This page serves as the designated site for CMS to solicit public comments on proposed quality measures.
Instructions for Providing Comments:
- If you are providing comments on behalf of an organization, include the organization’s name and your contact information
- If you are commenting as an individual, submit identifying or contact information
- Please indicate which measure(s) you are commenting on
- You may submit general comments on the entire set of measures or you may provide comments specific to individual measures
- Do not include personal health information in your comments. Your comments may be shared publicly.
List of Currently Accepting Comments:
The Call for Public Comment period opens on July 19, 2019 and closes on August 19, 2019.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has contracted with the University of Michigan Kidney Epidemiology and Cost Center to develop practitioner level measures in the area of opioid safety for dialysis patients. The contract name is Kidney Disease Quality Measure Development, Maintenance, and Support. The contract number is 75FCMC18D0041, task order number 75FCMC18F0001. As part of its measure development process, the University of Michigan Kidney Epidemiology and Cost Center requests interested parties to submit comments on the candidate or concept measures that may be suitable for this project.
The University of Michigan Kidney Epidemiology and Cost Center, through its contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, convened a technical expert panel (TEP) in 2018 to inform the development of a quality measure(s) related to physician performance in the clinical management of chronic dialysis care and its complications. The measure posted here for public comment (Hemodialysis Vascular Access: Practitioner Level Long-term Catheter Rate) was developed based on TEP recommendations. Additional topic areas for potential quality measure development in future years will be explored by the technical expert panel as time and resources allow.
Documents and Measures for Comment:
PhysLTC_Measure Information Form.pdf: The draft Measure Information Form for the Practitioner Level Long-term Catheter Rate
PhysLTC_Measure Justification Form.pdf: The draft Measure Justification Form for the Practitioner Level Long-term Catheter Rate
Project Specific Instructions:
- Do not include personal health information in your comments.
- If you are providing comments on behalf of an organization, include the organization’s name and your contact information.
- If you are commenting as an individual, submit identifying or contact information.
- Please send all comments to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 19, 2019.
- Page last Modified: 07/22/2019 7:50 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins