CCSQ Grand Rounds Continuing Education Series
Providing continuing educational activities plays an integral role in a health care provider’s maintaining competence and gaining new knowledge to improve the quality of care for patients. CMS is accredited by both the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). This helps to foster learning and competence by providing educational opportunities that offer Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit and Continuing Education Units (CEU). These activities include monthly live presentations in the CMS Auditorium that are announced via CMS email blasts, and enduring, pre-recorded sessions found below.
Pre-Recorded (Enduring) CMS Grand Rounds Series
The CMS Grand Rounds is a series of educational events with the purpose of educating clinicians and other health care professionals on the evidence-based practice of medicine and the latest clinical and scientific information available. The Grand Rounds provide information sharing at the highest level.
You can obtain CME or CEU using the Pre-recorded sessions in the Downloads section below. Each PDF contains the continuing education materials and information required for participants prior to accessing each pre-recorded activity. Step by step instructions for obtaining CME or CEU credits can be found in the Downloads section below.
Resources for Continued Learning
References for selected research and other information provided in the Grand Rounds presentations can be found in the Downloads section below.
- Instructions for Obtaining CME/CEU Credits [PDF, 5KB]
- Supplementary Learning Resources [PDF, 99KB]
- Diagnostic Error: the Problem, the Prevalence, and the Solution for Improvement [PDF, 341KB]
- Healthcare System Transformation Into 2017: Maintaining Focus and Sustaining Momentum [PDF, 266KB]
- The Economics of Healthcare - A Look at How Researchers Use CMS Data [PDF, 308KB]
- Fighting Back Against Antibiotic Resistance: A National, State, and Local Response to Antibiotic Stewardship [PDF, 337KB]
- Global Palliative Care Development: Progress Since the World Health Assembly Resolution [PDF, 320KB]
- Million Hearts®: CMS and CDC Leading the Way to Better Cardiovascular Health for Americans [PDF, 264KB]
- Caring for America’s Most Vulnerable in Inner City and Rural New York [PDF, 270KB]
- Engaging Patients and Families in their Care: A Look at Programs for ESRD and Diabetes [PDF, 242KB]
- Innovative Approaches to Palliative Care, Dementia Care, and Data Analysis [PDF, 289KB]
- Project ECHO (Extension for Community Health Outcomes) [PDF, 258KB]
- Overview of Delirium in Older Persons [PDF, 230KB]
- Page last Modified: 02/23/2017 5:18 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins