American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
AHIMA awards CEUs based on the length of the training, see chart for details.
|Length of Training / Contact Hours||Index Number
associated with training
offered for training
|Less than 30 minutes||CMS06140727A||0.5|
|30 to 60 minutes||CMS06140728A||1.0|
|60 to 90 minutes||CMS06140729A||1.5|
|90 to 120 minutes||CMS06140730A||2.0|
Learning Format of Activity Accepted
- MLN Calls and Webcasts Register
- Certificates of participation are available for 30 days after the event. Only participants who registered for the event can receive a certificate of participation.
- After the event, email for your certificate and include in the email:
- Date and topic in the subject line
- Your name in the body of the email
- The MLN will verify your registration and respond to your request within 5 business days.
- CMS Grand Rounds Events Recorded Webinars
- Training list and instructions for successful completion
When submitting documentation for completed training please retain:
- A copy of your certificate of completion/participation, or
- Documentation of the contact hours spent in the training
- Corresponding Index Number from the chart above
Note: AHIMA credential-holders may claim 1 CEU per 60 minutes of attendance at an educational program. Maintain documentation about the program for verification purposes in the event of an audit. A program does not need to be pre-approved by AHIMA, nor does a CEU certificate need to be provided, in order to claim AHIMA CEU credit.
View the Recertification Guide on AHIMA's web site for CEU requirements.