- MLN Connects for February 16, 2017
Thursday, February 16, 2017
- Understanding and Promoting the Value of Chronic Care Management Services Call — February 21
- What’s New with Physician Compare Webinar — February 21 and 23
- Looking Ahead: The IMPACT Act in 2017 Call — February 23
- Medicare Home Health Benefit Booklet — Revised
- Medicare Costs at a Glance: 2017 Educational Tool — Revised
- CMS Provider Minute Video: Nasal Endoscopy — Reminder
People 65 years and older are at a greater risk of serious complications from seasonal influenza. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive an influenza vaccine every year. It is not too late to get vaccinated – to protect your patients, your staff, and yourself.
Medicare Part B covers one influenza vaccination and its administration each influenza season for Medicare beneficiaries. Medicare may cover additional seasonal influenza vaccinations if medically necessary.
For the 2016-2017 season, the CDC recommends use of the Inactivated Influenza Vaccine (IIV) or the Recombinant Influenza Vaccine (RIV). The nasal spray influenza vaccine (Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV)) should not be used during 2016-2017.
For More Information:
- Preventive Services Educational Tool
- Influenza Resources for Health Care Professionals MLN Matters Article
- Influenza Vaccine Payment Allowances MLN Matters Article
- CDC Influenza website
- CDC Influenza Information for Health Care Professionals webpage
- CDC 2016-2017 Information for Health Care Professionals webpage
- Visit the HealthMap Vaccine Finder to find locations in your area that offer the recommended vaccines
Tuesday, February 21 from 1:30 to 3 pm ET
To register or for more information, visit MLN Connects® Event Registration.
During this call, CMS experts discuss the benefits of providing Chronic Care Management (CCM) services and changes for CCM in the Physician Fee Schedule final rule. A new outreach and education campaign from the CMS Office of Minority Health increases awareness about the value of CCM, encourages adoption, and provides an opportunity for health care professionals to ask questions.
- Value of CCM services
- 2017 Physician Fee Schedule final rule changes
- CCM resources to support you
- Question and answer session
- Next Steps
Target Audience: Health care professionals who are interested in or currently billing CCM services to Medicare, as well as practice managers, health care administrators, billing specialists, medical coders, and other interested stakeholders.
Tuesday, February 21 from 11 am to 12 pm ET – Register for this session
Thursday, February 23 from 3 to 4 pm ET – Register for this session
CMS and the Physician Compare support team are hosting two one-hour webinars to show you what is new with Physician Compare. The webinars will showcase the newly redesigned Physician Compare website and provide information on the 2015 performance scores recently released in December 2016.
- Both sessions will present the same information
- Registration ends on Monday, February 20
For questions contact the Physician Compare team at PhysicianCompare@Westat.com.
Thursday, February 23 from 1:30 to 3 pm ET
To register or for more information, visit MLN Connects Event Registration.
The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation of 2014 (IMPACT Act) requires the reporting of standardized patient assessment data by Post-Acute Care (PAC) providers, including skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, and long-term care hospitals. During this call, CMS experts discuss goals, requirements, progress to date, and key milestones for 2017. A question and answer session follows the presentation.
Target Audience: PAC providers, healthcare industry professionals, clinicians, researchers, health IT vendors, and other interested stakeholders.
A revised Medicare Home Health Benefit Booklet is available. Learn about:
- Qualifying for home health services
- Consolidated billing
- Therapy services
- Physician billing and payment.
A revised Medicare Costs at a Glance: 2017 Educational Tool is available. Learn about the costs beneficiaries pay for Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D in 2017.
Avoid delays. Bill it right the first time. The CMS Provider Minute: Nasal Endoscopy video includes pointers to prevent a denial of your claim. Learn about:
- Four elements needed in medical record documentation
- How to correct errors and retain payment
This video is part of a series to help providers of all types improve in areas identified with a high degree of noncompliance.
This newsletter is current as of the issue date. View the complete disclaimer.
The Medicare Learning Network®, MLN Connects®, and MLN Matters® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).