- Therapy Cap Claims Rolling Hold and New Medicare Card Updates
- Therapy Cap Claims Rolling Hold
- New Medicare Card: Web Updates
- New Medicare Card: When Will My Medicare Patients Receive Their Cards?
CMS is immediately releasing for processing held therapy claims with the KX modifier with dates of receipt beginning January 1-10; CMS will also implement a “rolling hold” to minimize impact if legislation to extend the outpatient therapy caps exceptions process is enacted.
To help you prepare for the transition to the Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) on Medicare cards beginning April 1, 2018, review the new information about remittance advices.
Beginning in October 2018, through the transition period, when providers submit a claim using a patient’s valid and active Health Insurance Claim Number (HICN), CMS will return both the HICN and the MBI on every remittance advice. Here are examples of different remittance advices:
- Medicare Remit Easy Print (Medicare Part B providers and suppliers)
- PC Print for Institutions
- Standard Paper Remits: FISS (Medicare Part A/Institutions), MCS (Medicare Part B/Professionals), VMS (Durable Medicare Equipment)
Find more new information on the New Medicare Card provider webpage.
Starting April 2018, CMS will begin mailing new Medicare cards to all people with Medicare on a flow basis, based on geographic location and other factors. Learn more about the Mailing Strategy. Also starting April 2018, your patients will be able to check the status of card mailings in their area on Medicare.gov.
For More Information:
- Mailing Strategy
- Questions from Patients? Guidelines
- New Medicare Card overview and provider webpages
This newsletter is current as of the issue date. View the complete disclaimer.
The Medicare Learning Network®, MLN Connects®, and MLN Matters® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).