- Medicare Shared Savings Program and Advance Payment Model Application Process National Provider Call
- Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP)
On Oct 20, 2011, CMS issued a final rule under the Affordable Care Act to establish the Medicare Shared Savings Program (Shared Savings Program), along with a notice for the Advance Payment Model that will provide additional support to physician-led and rural Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) participating in the Shared Savings Program. These two initiatives will help providers participate in ACOs to improve quality of care for Medicare patients.
On Monday, July 31, 2012, CMS hosts a National Provider Call, where subject matter experts provide an overview and updates to the Shared Savings Program application and Advance Payment Model application processes for the January 1, 2013 Shared Savings Program start date. A question and answer session follows the presentations.
The Shared Savings Program Application and the Advance Payment Model web pages have important information, dates, and materials on the application process. Call participants are encouraged to review the applications and materials prior to the call.
When: Monday, July 31, 2012
Time: 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Target Audience: Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) providers
- Podcast 1 of 4: Medicare Shared Savings Program Application Process [ZIP, 24MB]
- Podcast 2 of 4: Advance Payment Model Application Process [ZIP, 3MB]
- Podcast 3 of 4: Question and Answer Session [ZIP, 24MB]
- Podcast 4 of 4: Question and Answer Session Continued [ZIP, 23MB]
- National Provider Call Slide Presentation 07/31/12
- National Provider Call Complete Audio Recording 07/31/12
- National Provider Call Complete Written Transcript 07/31/12
Registration: To register for a National Provider Call, please visit the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls web page.
Registration closes at 12:00 p.m. ET on the day of the call, or when available space has been filled.
For More Information: For more information on the Shared Savings Program .