- Preparing Physicians for ICD-10 Implementation National Provider Call
During this ICD-10 National Provider Call, Dr. Ginger Boyle, a practicing family physician who has developed a coding education program for her hospital and its family practice residency program, shares her success and some practical advice about Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System’s transition to ICD-10. CMS subject matter experts also present the latest information and updates from their areas, followed by a question and answer session.
Since this call was held, HHS has issued a rule finalizing October 1, 2015 as the new compliance date for health care providers, health plans, and health care clearinghouses to transition to ICD-10.
When: Thursday, October 25, 2012
Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
Medical coders, physicians, physician office staff, nurses and other non-physician practitioners, provider billing staff, health records staff, vendors, educators, system maintainers, laboratories, and all Medicare FFS providers
- Transitioning to ICD-10: practical pointers for providers
- Overview of ICD-10 implementation requirements
- Plans for Local Coverage Determination (LCD) and National Coverage Determination (NCD) ICD-10 conversions
- National implementation issues and plans
- Question and answer session
To register for a National Provider Call, please visit the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls web page.
For More Information:
For more information, please visit the CMS ICD-10 website.