Description: This National Provider Call covers the new functional reporting requirements for outpatient therapy services, including physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), and speech language pathology (SLP) services, effective January 1, 2013.
Participants learn how to report patient functional limitation information on claims using the 42 new nonpayable functional G-codes and seven new severity/complexity modifiers on claims for PT, OT, and SLP services. These G-codes and modifiers will be required on selected claims for all outpatient therapy services. In addition, the G-codes and severity modifiers used in the functional reporting are required to be documented in the patient's medical record of therapy services. A question and answer session follows the presentation.
When: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Target Audience: Those who furnish or bill for outpatient therapy services including physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), and speech language pathology (SLP) services
- Overview of the new functional reporting requirement, including effective dates
- Professionals and providers affected
- Non payable G-codes used to report functional limitations
- Modifiers used to report the severity of functional limitations
- When reporting is required
- Documentation requirements
- Question and answer session
To register for a National Provider Call, please visit the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls webpage.
For More Information:
For more information, see the CMS Therapy Services page.