- End-stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program - Payment Year 2015 Final Rule - National Provider Call
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Provider Communications Group host a National Provider Call. This call will review CMS' final rule for implementing the End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP) in payment year (PY) 2015. This final rule was published in the Federal Register on November 9, 2012, and is available to read online at http://go.usa.gov/4rXT.
The performance period for PY 2015 began on January 1, 2013. To help dialysis facilities and other stakeholders understand the program and their responsibilities during the performance period, this call will review:
- The ESRD QIP legislative framework and how it fits into the National Quality Strategy;
- Changes reflected in the final rule based on public comments;
- The measures, standards, scoring methodology, and payment reduction scale that will be applied to the PY 2015 program; and
- Where to find additional information about the program.
When: Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Time: 2:00-3:30pm ET
Dialysis clinics and organizations, nephrologists, hospitals with dialysis units, billers/coders and quality improvement experts.
- Review of ESRD QIP and National Quality Strategy
- Changes in PY 2015 Final Rule
- Scoring methodology
- Payment reduction scale
- Sources for More Information
PY2015 ESRD Quality Incentive Program Presentation [PDF, 1MB]
In order to receive call-in information, you must register for the call on the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls registration website. Registration will close at 12pm on the day of the call or when available space has been filled; no exceptions will be made, so please register early.
For More Information:
Continuing education credit may be awarded for participation in certain CMS National Provider Calls. Visit the Continuing Education Credit Notification web page to learn more.