- ESRD Quality Incentive Program: Reviewing Your Facility’s Payment Year 2014 Performance Data
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
CMS hosts a MLN Connects National Provider Call on the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP). The ESRD QIP is a pay-for-performance initiative that ties a facility's quality scores to a payment percentage reduction over the course of a payment year (PY).
This call focuses on the steps dialysis facilities need to take to review the data CMS will use to evaluate performance as part of the PY 2014 program.
On July 15, 2013, CMS will make available to each facility a preliminary PY 2014 Performance Score Report (PSR) that "previews” how well it scored on the quality measures CMS will use for determining any payment reductions.
CMS encourages every dialysis facility to carefully review its PSR before CMS makes the information available publicly at the end of 2013. Facilities will have from July 15, 2013, through August 15, 2013, to complete this important review.
Also during this period, facilities will have an opportunity to ask questions about how their scores were calculated, and also have the ability to submit one formal inquiry if they find or suspect an error in the score calculations.
When: Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time
Dialysis clinics and organizations, nephrologists, hospitals with dialysis units, billers/coders and quality improvement experts.
- How to access and review facility's PSR;
- How CMS calculated a facility's ESRD QIP performance score using quality data;
- What the performance score means to a facility's PY 2014 payment rates;
- When and where to ask questions regarding a PSR, including how to submit one formal inquiry;
- Duties and responsibilities to make ESRD QIP performance data transparent to patients;
- Where to access help and get additional information
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls registration website
For More Information:
Visit the ESRD QIP web page for more information on the End Stage Renal Disease Quality Improvement Program (ESRD QIP).