- ESRD Quality Incentive Program Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Payment Year 2016
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
On August 14, 2013, CMS hosts a MLN Connects National Provider Call on the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP). The ESRD QIP is a pay-for-performance quality initiative that ties a facility's performance to a payment reduction over the course of a payment year (PY).
This call focuses on the proposed rule for operationalizing the ESRD QIP in PY 2016. This proposed rule was displayed on July 1 and published in the Federal Register on July 8.
The public will have until August 30, 2013, to submit their comments about the content of the rule. CMS encourages every dialysis facility and ESRD stakeholder to carefully review the proposed rule and participate in the comment period.
After the presentation, participants will have an opportunity to ask questions.
When: Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern Time
Dialysis clinics and organizations, nephrologists, hospitals with dialysis units, billers/coders and quality improvement experts.
- ESRD QIP legislative framework
- Proposed measures, standards, scoring methodology, and payment reduction scale for PY 2016
- Methods for reviewing and commenting on the proposed rule
- Question and answer session
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls registration website
For More Information:
Visit the ESRD QIP web page for more information on the End Stage Renal Disease Quality Improvement Program (ESRD QIP).