- Streamlined Access to PECOS, EHR, and NPPES
- Provider/Supplier Enrollment
Changes have been made to simplify the way providers and suppliers access the Provider Enrollment Chain and Ownership System (PECOS), the Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program, and the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES).These updates improve the user experience when registering as an individual practitioner, authorized or delegated official of an organization, or someone working within PECOS on behalf of a provider or supplier (also known as a surrogate). This MLN Connects Call provides detailed instructions on these changes.
The new process will:
• Allow registered users to manage and reset their user ID and password online without calling a CMS Help Desk.
• Provide a simple and secure way for providers and suppliers to authorize individuals or groups of individuals to act on their behalf in PECOS and EHR.
• Allow designated authorized officials already on file with Medicare to be quickly approved to access PECOS without the need to submit documentation to CMS for verification prior to submitting the application.
• Allow organizations with potentially large numbers of credentialing or support staff to manage staff access to the various functions.
• Increase security to reduce the risk of provider identity theft and unauthorized access to systems.
Important Note: If you already have a user ID and password from NPPES, or currently access PECOS, NPPES, and/or EHR, your accounts will not be affected by this change. You can continue to use your established user ID and password to access the systems.
When: Friday, November 15, 2013
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern Time
• Opening remarks
• Access Changes for PECOS, EHR, NPPES
• Question and Answer Session
To register for an MLN Connects National Provider Call, please visit the CMS MLN Connects Upcoming Calls registration website.
• If you need assistance with registration, please email us at email@example.com.
• You may also review the frequently asked questions on the registration HELP page.
• If you require services for the hearing impaired, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before the event.
For more information, please visit the following website: https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/IAWeb/.